Sunday, March 22, 2009

Drag Boat Racing


Yesterday we went to watch my Dad race his boat (blue one with yellow stripe near the water). He raced at Lake Elsinore on a quarter mile stretch that leads out to the lake. This was the first time I had seen him do this and let me say it is nerve racking. Unfortunately, his boat had a few problems so he did not have the run he anticipated. At one point he caught air and looked like he was trying to "hop" down the water, which made me freak out and scream out loud!

With that one exception, I had a great time. As most of you know I love racing and anything that is loud and fast (please keep all snide remarks to oneself). We got to hang out in the pit with my dad and his crew. The really cool thing is that all of the teams are friendly and willing to help each other out. There is not the feeling of competition that keeps teams from helping someone who needs it.

There were a ton of people and boats there, which from listening to other people talk was not expected. I guess popularity had been down and it was great to see such a big turnout. My dad is probably not going to race every race this season but will try to do at least one more this summer. I'm excited!

No comments: