Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday


Wow! It has been awhile since I have posted a "Thankful Thursday", which are now being hosted by Greg @ Greg's General Store

Here is my list for this week:

  • Rain - boy do I love rainy weather. I'm not sure why but I tend to feel my spirits rise and I get energy out of nowhere as soon as I smell it coming. In SoCal, the smog gets pretty bad, especially here where we are. We are in a valley and it just settles itself on down. It takes a good rain or strong Santa Ana winds to push it away. The last two days we have had rain and this morning the sky was so blue and the mountains looked so vibrant. It is one of the few times the local landscape takes my breath away and I can see the beauty God created.
  • Softball. Your probably thinkin' "What?!?" Let me explain. Putting Isabella in softball was one of the best things we have done; aside form raising her, feeding her and keeping her safe and healthy. She not only learned some great skills, but she made some new wonderful friends and gained confidence in her abilities. I will be sad to see it end next week. Go Majestic!
  • My job. At work we are once again having problems with peoples attendance. I work in a call center and if you ever have, then you know people LOVE to call out sick for anything. Unfortunately, this makes work more difficult for those of us who do come in. Yesterday, once again, I attending a meeting where attendance was the hot topic and it got me thinking about how much I actually like my job. Don't get me wrong, nursing school is still the plan, but until that time, I am so thankful I get to go to my current job everyday. I am thankful that I have a wonderful supervisor and upper management who respect me. I am thankful that I get paid every two weeks like clock work. I am thankful that my schedule allows me the time to take classes, volunteer in Isabella's class room and attend her extra curricular activities.
  • My friends. Over the past few days I was able to spend time with friends who I had not seen in awhile. I have been friends with these women since high school and it is such a great feeling to know that after all these years, I still have my "sisters". God brings people into your life, sometimes for a season and sometimes for many seasons. I feel truly blessed that he has kept some many in my life for so many seasons.

1 comment:

Greg C said...

You must be an awesome person to be thankful for working in a call center. That is about as hard as a job can get. Bless you for being thankful for even that.