Where were you on 9/11/01?
I was working at Verizon Wireless at the time. I had worked the night before until 11pm and would normally sleep until about 9 or 10am PST. For some reason I woke up early that morning. I was annoyed that I couldn't go back to sleep so I turned on channel 4 and the Today show.
They were showing pictures of the two towers on fire with smoke billowing out the sides. I did not focus on what was being said or scrolling across the screen, so I honestly thought it was either an action movie review or something was happening on foreign soil. So I changed it to channel 7 to Good Morning America and it was the same, then channel 2 and channel 11. All the same. Now I was paying attention.
I turned back to the Today show and sat stunned as I watched the rest of the events unfold. I, like most people I know, went from disbelief, to shock, to one of the worst feelings of sadness I had ever felt, to complete anger.
I still cry like it was happening today. I did not know anyone lost that day, but think of all those people constantly and keep them all in my prayers. I am so thankful for all the military and first responders who continue to protect us today.
No comments:
Post a Comment