Sunday, June 29, 2008

Free Concert Time

First, our day started with a girls only breakfast out. We went to a diner called Flappy Jack's that has the BEST pancakes around. Bella had Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes w/chocolate chips. I had bacon pancakes. They were to die for. I had never heard of them before and am now hooked. I would not suggest them if you are watching what you eat! They crumble cooked bacon into the batter and then crumble bacon over the top when they are done.


Now, one of my favorite parts of summer is the free, local community events. I love the concerts, the movies in the park and the farmers markets.

Last night we headed over to Pasadena to Memorial Park and watch Quetzal. For those who have never heard of them, they are a Spanish folk band mixing, R&B, jazz, Afro-Cuban style music. They were awesome! David has been wanting to see them for awhile now.
The concert was out doors and started @8pm. We packed the
picnic basket full of goodies and grabbed a blanked and were off. We got there at about 7pm and were able to get a fairly decet spot. They were selling lemonade and hot dogs but most people brought picnic baskets and were enjoying dinner outside.


Bella thought it was pretty cool that she was at a concert, although it was a little loud. I had to explain that that is how concerts are. She had fun and even danced a little. We did leave about 15 minutes early because she was starting to fall asleep and we did not want to carry her back to the car. Yep -lazzy parents!

It was such a nice atmosphere. People of all kinds sitting under the stars enjoying music together. The trees were covered in white lights so the park area seemed like a fantasy land. It was really cool!

1 comment:

M.K. said...

That looks fun! I wish we had more community events like that. God bless -
Mary Kathryn (from J. Karon site)