Adan is HOME!!
My lil' BIL, Adan, came home from Iraq yesterday. This was is second deployment. He was gone for 7 months and we are all so thankful that he came home alive and with all his fingers and toes. My mil, older sil, David's aunt, 4 cousins, a family friend, Bella and myself went to 29 Palms yesterday to greet him. We were told they would be there at 12:30pm which turned out to be closer to 3pm, but that was ok. We are just so happy to have them home.
He looks really good, skinner then when he left, but I'm sure that won't last long. He should hopefully be home until next summer and then he will deploy again. He has been in for almost 4 years but did re-enlist while he was over there so we can expect a few more deployments.
This was the first time I have ever been on base or welcomed troops home before. Its rather emotional, as none of them look old enough to be defending our country. We all really need to be grateful and thank a soldier when you get a chance. Seeing all the families, with there signs and clothing showing support was awesome. I have decided next time I am going to be really embarrassing to Adan and have t-shirts printed for the family and make signs similar to picked signs w/his picture on and a BIG welcome home banner.
David's Aunt bought yellow shirts for the girls to wear. We had a few hours to kill so the girls decided to lay down and stretch out . It was very warm (HOT) but the military provider cold drinks and snacks for all the families, which I thought was very cool! They also had 2 jumpers for the kids which helped keep them entertained.
2 comments:
Jamie, I just wanted to leave a little comment here on your blog to say that I'm so glad that your soldier BIL is home safe and sound. Your comment about the soldiers not looking old enough to be protecting us struck home. I have thought that many times...they look so young!
If you think about it...tell him "thank you" for me!
Ellen (egarrard)
Hi Jamie.
Glad to see your BIL is home, safe and sound.
Love from Marian/Dutchy3
Post a Comment