So on most mornings David drops Isabella off at school at 7am, where she goes to Kids Korner/Breakfast club until school starts at 8:15. Kids Korner is about 5 class rooms down from her class, so when its time she walks her self to class.
I work one weekend a month and in turn get two weekdays off. Today was my day off so I took her to school at 8:15. I was so excited, I made pancakes for breakfast and ironed clothes (as opposed to tossing them in the dryer). When we parked, Isabella informed me that she is a big girl now and I don't need to walk her to class. I could just help her cross the street and then go home. What!?!? I looked at her and explained that I really wanted to go all the way to her class since I rarely get to take her to school. She sighed and said Okaaay.
I thought I would have at least until 6th grade before she didn't want me to take her to her class room, not kindergarten. I wanted to cry! She is growing up so fast. I know she wanted to walk because she wants to be big and because it isn't cool. but still I'm not ready for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment