Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our weekend

I don't know about anyone else, but my weekends never turn out the way I had planned. This weekend I had planned to go to Bella's soccer game on Sat., church on Sun. and spend the rest of the time getting caught up on all of my homework and reading for school. BUT, of course it did not go that way. On Sat. I did go to Bella's game of course, and then fell asleep reading my philosophy book so there went that. I have discovered that this will be that last time I take a philosophy class, unless they make me to get my degree. Today, after church, I got sidetracked watching NASCAR (nobodies fault but mine),cutting coupon's, and going out to dinner. Of course, I never picked up a book. Oh well. Bella and I did get gingerbread cookies made.

Isabella's team is named The Shooting Stars. They are so cut at this age because all they do is run around in a packed and chase the ball. The important part is that they all have fun! I think most of them look more forward to the after game snack then the game itself. Bella loves to do the throw in and if you give her plenty of room, is a pretty good shot. The part that she does not like is when all the girls are trying to get the ball at once. I usually hangs out at the back of the pack. When I asked her why, she said she rather wait for the ball to come to her. I think I see defense in her future.

Some may ask, why the gingerbread men already. Well, in school last week they read a story about a gingerbread man and then got to make a giant cookie in class. She came home on Friday, begging to make them again. It was fun, but we have decided to never use this recipe again. I have never made gingerbread before I used the first recipe that came up on Food TV. The cookies came out crispier then we care for. I think this recipe would be great for a gingerbread house but not for cookies. Add on top of that, my cookie decorating skills are not the best so we won't be featured on Food TV anytime soon. lol!

7 comments:

applesofgold said...

Hey! Love reading up on the happenings in your family. PM me on the BB with your email addy, I would like to invite you to see my family pic blog.

Kelly said...

I came by to let you know I have an award for you over at my blog. Please come by and pick it up! Simply Save As, etc.....
Beautiful Blessings~Kelly Maria

Ellen said...

Anytime's a good time for gingerbread cookies!! And for making those memories that you are making with Bella when you do stuff like that.

Enjoy her...'cause they sure do grow up fast!!

Ellen said...

Anytime is a good time to make gingerbread cookies!! And to make those memories that you are creating for Bella.

Enjoy her...'cause they sure do grow up fast!!

Ellen said...

I have given you a blog award...come on over to my blog and pick it up.

Kathy said...

Such a cute little soccer player!
Thanks for sharing! That gingerbread is making my mouth water!

Kathy said...

Such cute soccer photos! I almost feel like I was there at the game. And that gingerbread is making my mouth water this morning. Time for breakfast!