
God’s Word tells us that we can pray about “everything”; however what are some things in your life that you do not pray to God about? (You can tell about a specific situation, or give a general answer). Why don’t you pray to God about what you named above?
I tend to remember to pray about the pray requests for friends and family. Of course, if there is something BIG going on personally then I remember to pray about that. I usually never pray about my personal needs. Typical mom I guess. I work part-time in a job I loath and I go to school full-time. I have Bella and her school things to take care of, but I usually don't pray for guidance/assistance going through the day. I'm not sure why this is. Maybe, a part of me assumes (I know BAD word) He knows my needs and another part of me feels my needs are so trivial compared to the rest of the people in my life.
Last week the doctor put me on two muscle relaxers because I have been having a lot of back pain. The doctor told me to reduce the stress in my life. On the way home I thought about how a lot of the little things that I worry about are things that I have not prayed about and given to the Lord. He really can take care of all things if we let him. We don't have to have one dark/gloomy day after another if we let Him handle it.
I also recently realized that I don't thank Him when I should. Sure, if something BIG happens, I scream thank you, but not for all the little things. Like, I went 3 weeks on tires so bald that the metal cords were sticking out, yet I had no flats, no major blow outs on the freeway. Bella and I always made it home in one piece. His hand of protection was on us the whole time. Truly amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment