Monday, January 12, 2009

In December


December was a much busier month! First, went to Las Vegas for Sandy's 30th birthday. We had dinner at mine and David's favorite restaurant, Mesa Grill. Sadly, not everyone loves it there as much as we do, but I think everyone had a good time. After dinner, we went to the Voodoo lounge. Eric had reserved a VIP spot. The view was beautiful. We had so much fun. Davids sister danced and had way too much fun! David and I don't club, but we have decided that if we ever do, VIP is the way to go. You get your own little roped off area. The waitress is constantly making sure you have everything you need. You feel very special! These pictures are not my favorite (but they are my inspiration to loose weight, which will be a separate post) but they what I have. You are able to see the beautiful view that we had. We went to first weekend in December and it was cold but they had heat lamps everywhere so we were very comfortable. That same weekend, the NFR was in Vegas along with the De La Hoya fight and the Vegas marathon. Needless to say, it was a unique mix of people everywhere!

We came home on Sunday, and on Monday I started finals week. I was so happy to have that semester over with. I will, however, never again go to Vegas the weekend before finals!

Also in December, Bella had her Christmas program at school. All 4 kindergarten class performed songs together and then each class did one by themselves. Her class sang Merry Hula. The boys wore Hawaiian shirts and the girls wore grass skirts and flowers in their hair. It was very cute! Unfortunately, I did not get the best set in the house and all the pictures I took during the performance came out really dark. I need to invest in a different camera, on with a longer zoom lens. Not that I don't love my little digital camera (thank you very much David!!!)

I am trying to keep things in chronological order, but I'm not sure if I am. Next, was the Carrillo's first annual Friends Christmas. They hosted a beautiful gathering for all their friends. Everyone had a blast mingling and eating the wonderful prepared by Trina herself. We have known the Carrillo's for about 10 years now and just love them to death. They are two of the best friends David and I could ask for. I can't to post pictures of us together in another 10 years. Eric will probably still be trying to kiss David. Maybe by then David will let him. LOL!

Next was Bella's birthday party and Greg Stanley's caroling party. Somehow, every year, we manage to schedule them for the same day.

We had Bella's birthday party at Bonelli park in San Dimas. This was the first time we have ever tried to have her birthday outside. Of course, it was pouring most of the week before the big day, but thankfully on that Saturday, God answered my prayers and brought out sunshine and blue skies. Bella chose the them Fancy Nancy, which was the most difficult thing to find decorations for in the stores. I used an edible image of her invitation for the cake. We kept the party small and served hot dogs and hamburgers. Bella got everything she wanted and then some. My favorite present was her annual Disneyland pass because that means Mommy gets one too!! Woohoo Mickey here we come! Of course, no party is complete with out Apple cheeks (Bella) acting goofy with her Banana Head (Papa Bob). I swear, when those two are together, I don't know who the adult is and who the child is!

Later that evening we went to Greg's annual caroling party. This is so much fun. Everyone meets at his house for appetizers and beverages at around 6ish. Then about 7:30ish we all bundle up, light the candles and head out to the neighbors house's. His neighbors are saints because none of us can sing, yet every year they come outside and listen to us. Afterwards, every one heads back to Greg's, where he will bring out his guitar and continue the party. Kids and adults both have so much fun. We look forward to caroling every year!

Okay guys, bear with me. I'm almost done. Now we are to Christmas. Christmas eve we went to Davids mom's house and had tamales and pazole. We didn't stay long because I had to still finish wrapping presents and Bella had to put out cookies for Santa. The little sneak almost caught Santa too. I fell asleep around 3amish and then was back up at 6ish to wake up Bella. I went running in to her room all excited that Santa came and you know what she did. She told me, "I know mom. He brought me 4 presents and ate 3 of the cookies." She had already gotten up, surveyed the room and then gone back to bed. I couldn't believe her. We have her empty her stocking at home, but all the gifts get loaded up and we drive back to David's mom's house to open gifts with the whole family. Bella made out like a bandit. She did get this on dress which I have to pry off her body to wash it. She likes it because she say it makes her look "rockin'"?!?!

Finally, to end the year, we let Bella pierce her ears. David has been wanting to pierce them since she was a baby but I always refused. I have never liked the way babies and toddlers look with earrings. I did not want Bella to have hers done until she was about 13. Since David did not fight me too hard when she was a baby, I agreed to do it now. I figure 6 is a good compromise. She picked out little pink flower earrings. They have a clear stone in the middle and little pink stones making up the flower. Bella was very brave. After the first one was done, you could tell she wanted to cry but did not. When it was all done she said it hurt at first and she felt like crying but she "sucked it up." That's my girl!!! I will admit, they do look really cute on her.

Well folks, that is all for now. I have more to post from this month before I am completely caught up but I am going to sign off for now. Take care and God Bless!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I found your blog through Jenny's... Such fun!!

Your daughter is just gorgeous!