I meant to share this earlier but forgot. I know - shame on me.
About a year ago Bella and I started going to a new church. We changed from an extremely small Episcopal church to a rather large Christian church. Last Wednesday, as we drove past the old church en route to the new church, Bella ask why we never go to the old church anymore. I tried to explain how we were not growing and learning in the way I had wanted and I felt God lead us to our new church.
She sat quietly for a moment and then said "but the old church gave us cookies".
I smiled and said, "yes, but cookies are not the most important part of church".
She said, "I know mama. God and Jesus are the most important and I love God SO much. Do you know how much mama?"
"How much?"
"So much my heart is going to explode!" - voice got higher and louder with each word.
"That's awesome baby!" I said as I tried to hide the tears in my eyes and am grinning from ear to ear.
I just love how innocently and purely children love the Lord. I wish more adults would be that open and honest in their faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment