Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Getty Center



For my final art class project, we had to go to the Getty Center. It was absolutely beautiful. I had never realized how pretty the West LA/Brentwood are was. From the museum grounds you had views of the ocean on one side and of the snow covered mountains on the other. I told David I would stop complaining about living in SoCal if he would move me to that area. He laughed! *sigh*

The museum itself is a piece if art. My favorite area was the Garden with its flowing water, wonderful plants, and the rebar bougainvillea trees.I do not normally like modern architecture with all the hard lines and right angles, but building was lovely. It think it was the different texture marble that was used through out.

Bella also had a great time and wants to go back soon so we can explore some more. The only bad part is that it is so far away. It took us over an hour to get there.......another reason to move. hehe!

No comments: