What are things we can do as wife (friend, relative, etc.) when we have a husband (friend, relative, etc) who does not know the Lord?
I can actually speak about this from real, personal experience. I have found that you can not beg or plead. You can not play guilt trips and say "if you love me you will just go to church". As hard as it is, you do your thing. You go to church, you read your bible, raise your children in the way of the Lord, and you pray. Always offer to include them in what ever you are doing. Simply put the offer out there to go with you to church or pray. If/when they decline, do not get mad. Just smile and tell them ok and how much you love them. When you live your life for the Lord, His light will shine through and although many will try to retreat further into the darkness, they can not stay there forever. The light will always win.
When I say pray, I mean PRAY! Get all of your prayer warriors on it. Do not only pray for salvation, but pray that they will no longer find enjoyment in whatever they do in life that is not pleasing to the Lord. It is the hardest thing to wait for, but if you take it to the Lord, He will answer. Just remember, it will be in His time and not always in the way we want, but we must trust in Him.
3 comments:
I don't think I have visited your blog before... Thanks so much for participating today. Your answers were right on, and I know so many women (and men) are in, or have been in the same place you were...
Please come back and participate anytime...Feel free to visit me at my personal blog too.
Blessings, Kim
You nailed it. The two most important things you can do is live it like 1 Peter 3:1-6 and pray HARD. It is important for us to remember what marriage is designed for - it is to represent Christ and His Bride. Although I knew this, I didn't (and still don't) fully understand the concept. I am reading an awesome book by John Piper called "This Momentary Marriage". I hope to share excerpts on it soon. :) God bless you and your marriage.
Amen, much truth spoken here sweetie.
Post a Comment