
Isabella went back to school today. She is now in 1st grade and in school full day. She was so cute this morning, getting ready being both excited and nervous. Once we got to school and she saw her friends from last year, she was just fine.
As I am watching them play before the bell, I noticed they have all gotten taller and most have lost the "baby" look and are starting to look like kids. I was expecting to spend the day at school with her like I did last year, but the teacher announce that all parents had to kiss their lil' ones good bye and they would see us at the end of the day. I wanted to scream, "What?!?! But it's the first day." The kids were fine, they were ready to start the day. It was the parents who had a hard time walking out the door.
I realized Bella is not a baby anymore. She is a 1st grader, going on 7 and ready to grow up. One thing I noticed is Bella has starting to use bigger words and we are starting to have actual conversations about things in the real world that she sees and hears.
As fun as this stage is, it's hard to accept. Seems like just yesterday she was in diapers and asking for shoop (soup) for dinner. I am proud of my lil' princess Isabella Cinderella, but it is a little bitter sweet.
1 comment:
These were precious words penned from a loving mom. It is true, the kids are just fine but the Mom's are the ones who are stressed on the first day of school each year.
Hang in there and treasure each moment.
Sonya Lee
Post a Comment