Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Random Dozen Meme



1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?

A long boring meeting. I know it's weird but I love the "after" holiday time and talking to the other people waiting in line.

2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive?

I guess I am passive/aggressive. I will usually try to turn the tables on the other person without really attacking them.

3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)

I do. My sister has been working on our family tree for awhile now. She has found quite a bit of information and keeps it all on ancestry.com. We know we are mostly Irish, some American Indian and then a Heinz 57 mix of other things.

4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?

Be nice to Bella and truly interested in what she has to say. Be genuine with me. I could care less about money/status/etc. Let me see you for the real you.

5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to.

Oh this is hard. I love sweets. Cheesecake is my favorite but I am not sure if it is actually a cake or a pie?

6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?

No. I only have 2 purses. One for everyday and one really nice one.

7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?

Relationship-oriented. I will have a conversation with anyone about anything while I am working.

8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?

We only have IHOP in SoCal so I guess I will go with them, although I can't remember the last time I ate at one.

9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?

Yes. David and I left the Avengers. It was just plain boring. We don't get out to the movies too often so we have not had many chances to see bad ones. I guess that is a blessing in disguise.

10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?

More discipline with our budget/finances and more organization with menu planning and my school work.

11. Was middle school fun or painful?

Painful. I moved the summer between 7th & 8th grade and did not fit in well at my new school. I moved back to SoCal for 9th grade.

12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?

Root Beer

If you would like to partake in the Random Dozen Meme visit 2nd Cup of Coffee

6 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hi! Just stopping by from Linda's Mr Linky thingy...

I had the same answer for several of these. :-) Except are you saying you've never eaten at a Cracker Barrel? Honey. You've gotta get over here and try one. {snap}

I agree with the movie thing, too. We don't see enough to have had many bad experiences.

Nice to *meet* you!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hey, it's nice to meet you.

I believe you are the only person who answered #1 quite this way. You must really be a people person at heart to enjoy talking with others waiting in line. I think that's a great quality.

#2: "Turning the table without really attacking them" is a great way to phrase "passive aggressive."

And you are the only one who answered "root beer" to the last question.

I'm glad you decided to join in this week. Hope to see you again next week; I'll post the questions on Tuesday night so that people can think about/write their post for Wednesday.

Susanne said...

I'm a cheesecake fan too but didn't know what catagory it might fit into.

One of the reasons we mostly rent movies is that so we can turn it off if need be or at the very least fast forward parts. Losing $5 is so much easier to swallow than losing over $20 at the theatre if we up and leave.

Joyce said...

I stopped in from Lindas too...We have no Cracker Barrel, no IHOP and no Bob Evans in our town. Fortunately I've moved alot so have eaten at all
three : )

Mocha with Linda said...

Enjoyed reading your answers!

Jewel said...

No Bob Evans or Cracker Barrell??

Also, Root Beer?? Interesting. I don't know that I would have associated it with Fall, but we do have a local 1812.. how do I explain it.. an event with takes everyone back to the year of 1812 with re-enactments of the battle, anyways! 1812 is in the Fall and they always have THE BEST root beer in old glass bottles. Yummo!