Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random Dozen for 10/14/09


1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
I prefer cursive. My printing is not pretty and with cursive I can add a little more design to hide my horrible penmanship.

2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
100% dreamer. I love to dream and refuse to give up on those dreams. Drives David crazy sometimes. He is tired of hearing about my dream to live in an old farm house w/a wrap around porch in OR or the mid-west; where I would work part-time as an L&D nurse and spending the rest of my time gardening, making crafts, volunteering at the kids school, and happily raising my many children in a Christian home. Anyone who knows David and understand why he does not share this dream.

3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
Elton John - all the way. Love Tiny Dancer.

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not just horror flicks but also ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
This is tough. I think the Entity scared me the most. I don't watch movies that involve anything bad/unhappy happening to children. David pre-screens movies for me because I become really upset and it will take days for me to get over it. Ever since having Bella and I watch "fluffy" movies.

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
I thought I had lost Bella. We were at the store and she stopped to look at something and I didn't realize it. She didn't answer the first time I called her name & I freaked out. The second time she came around the corner looking at my like "what?". She was only out of my sight for maybe a minute but I know that is long enough. I started crying when I saw her. She thought I had lost it.

6. What word do you misspell without fail?
Tons. I am spoiled with spell check. I work in the medical field and I can never spell hemorrhoids correctly. I ALWAYS put "hemorhhiods" thankfully everything is computerized w/spell check.

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at?
Dance. I LOVE to dance but REFUSE to do it in public because I know how bad I am. Think Elaine from Seinfeld.

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Alone time for mental batteries and people for emotional batteries.

9. Have you ever been on TV?
Nope

10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Pumpkin pie - love, love, LOVE me some pumpkin pie. Not only does it taste good but it means it's holiday season - my favorite time of the year!

11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
Uh-oh! Um, well.......9

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
Stop spending wastefully & save for a rainy day. Be better at accepting what is a want and what is a need and only bye the need when there is no savings.

If you would like to join in, visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Hi...It was fun to read your answers. I love Tiny Dancer too. My oldest did ballet for years and she is tiny...I always think of her when I hear that song.

There is no worse feeling in the world than to think your child is missing. A second feels like a lifetime! Glad everything was okay!

Judy said...

#7 made me laugh!

Susanne said...

oh, ouch. I need to be relearning #12 too.

Losing a chld in a store is really terrifying.

Nine magazines? That is amazing. I can hardly read the 2 that I have right now.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

#12: You actually touched a nerve with me there about spending. That is one I need to learn, too. Have a great weekend.