Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yes we are alive!

Wow, I can not believe I have not posted since 1/20/10. I apologize. We are all alive and well. Things have been very busy, in a good way. In February I started back to school. I originally started with a full load but after about a month I decided to scale back to just one class. I was not taking anything that I need for my degree and decided the classes were not worth missing out on Bella's softball and family activities.
Bella started softball for the first time ever. She is playing for Covina Hills and is absolutely loving it. We were a little unsure about how the season would go since she had never played before, but we were lucky to get placed on a team with very patient coaches. Bella has really learned a lot this season and constantly shows signs of improvement. We only have about a week left in the season and I am so sad to see it end. Bella is still in gymnastics one day a week for right now. We will put her back to 2 or 3 days a week once the next session begins.

As for school, Bella is doing wonderfully. At the last testing session she scored proficient or advanced in all subjects, which made us very proud. I am still her class room mom and volunteer every week in her class. We were truly blessed this year with the teacher we were assigned. She is a God sent and again, will be sad to see the year end. I'm glad that my first stab at being a room mom was in her classroom.
For Valentines, we spent the weekend in San Diego and took Bella to Sea World for her first time. She LOVED it. It's funny how something you thought was so amazing and huge when you were little is rather small when you are grown. The only exhibit that was closed was the dolphins, we were able to watch a training session which was fun. At the end of the day we took In-N-out back to the hotel room for dinner and then all fell asleep very early. The next morning we had breakfast at Cafe 222, which was featured on Food Networks "The Best Thing I Ever Ate". We waited an hour to be seated, all because chef Bobby Flay suggested the Peanut Butter & Banana stuffed french toast. Boy was it worth it. I ordered the French Toast and David had pumpkin pancakes which tasted exactly like pumpkin pie. Our breakfast was divine!

Easter was rather quiet for us. Bella died eggs that the Easter Bunny his around our house, along with filling her Easter basket full of goodies. Later, we had lunch at Davids mom's house with his family and the little kids were able to have another Easter Egg Hunt, this time with plastic eggs full of money courtesy of Tia Sandy. Easter kicked off David & Bella's spring break from school. On Monday, David, friends, and family went to Vegas. Bella & I originally stayed behind, but being the only one here was hard so at the last minute we drove out for 1 night. Bella loved M&M World and seeing all the lights.

Well enough for the chit-chat and on to the pictures. I am going to put these in a big collage. You can click on the collage to enlarge the pictures.

No comments: