As I'm sure you have all heard. It is raining cats & dogs here in SoCal. If you have ever tried to drive in SoCal during one of our "Storm Watches", then you know we simply can not handle it.
On Monday, I discovered we also can not handle walking in it!
I was on my way from the car to the front door of our apartment, wearing my boots (w/heels), carrying lunch and drinks for the family, when my ankle gave out. I tried to stop my self from falling by somewhat lunging forward and instead caused both feet to come out from under me and I ended up on all fours!
Fast forward 24hrs & 7 x-rays later: nothing is broken, just sprained and I will be in an ankle brace for 30 days. My appt. was @9:30am and per my Dr. I was his 3rd sprained ankle that morning, although I am the only one giving all the credit to the rain.
I must say - I do love how graceful I can be!! *wink*
Oh - and lunch survived but the drinks did not :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment