Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Message In A Bottle

I will admit......I have been slacking on my reading. I have allowed a new found love of crocheting and yarn to over take my spare time. Bella has received two lovely scarf's because of it...so it's not all bad.

I finally sat down with "Message In A Bottle" by Nicholas Sparks and I finished in in less then 24 hours. I have to say I really enjoyed the book as a whole, but the ending was not my favorite. I had a hard time feeling sorry for Theresa through most of the book. I kept thinking, "this is what you get for not being honest up front", even though I understood why her character went about things the way she did. I would have loved for a more happily ever after ending...but then I always do....

All though I enjoyed the love story of Theresa and Garrett , what I cherished most about the book was how it made me look at love. It made me think about true love and how so many of us; and I am guilty of this also; neglect it and sometimes let it slip right through our fingers. Both Theresa and Garrett had so many "what if's" and "If only I had's...." that they would never be able to fix or make right.

I can not even begin to count how many times I have wanted to tell someone how much I love them but did not out of fear that person would laugh at me for being cheesy or would not respond how I wanted them too. It's seems so much easier to keep it in, keep your heart safe.....and then one day I will be nearing the end of life alone because of fear, like Jeb.

So tell those people who mean the world to you how feel because you may not have a chance tomorrow.

1 comment:

Toknowhim said...

Stopping by to say hello...