Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

At church this morning, Pastor Dawn asked us to choose one of three things to leave behind. We are to choose to leave behind our excuses, our bitterness or our shame. I have decided to leave behind my excuses.

So with that I am not going to give a list of reasons why I have not blogged in so long….convenient, I know. For those that are close to the family then you can guess why and for those that are not close, I will be posting a tribute to a very special family member that we lost in November.

Now, on to how the holidays went: Not bad under the circumstances. Thanksgiving was bitter sweet. We spent it with David’s family. My sister-in-law Sandy hosted it at her house. Bella's birthday was at the bowling alley and I will post a separate post on all of Bella's December activities. Christmas was quiet and focused more on family and being together then presents, which is a first for most of the family. Bella received her karaoke machine, Wii Fit & pillow pet that she had been wanting. I received a totally awesome pink piggy pillow pet, which I proudly sleep with every night. Thank you sweet Bella.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and is looking forward to an awesome 2011. I did not make a laundry list of resolutions this year, but I do have a couple. As mentioned above, I am leaving behind all the excuses, am focusing on getting out of debt, and to be better at house work. So far, two days in, I have done a smashing job. *wink, wink*

Here are a few pictures from our Holiday’s:

No comments: