
FOR TODAY...January 10, 2011
Outside my window...My quiet street, blue skies with haze beginning to build along the edges of the horizon.
I am thinking...How bad I feel for leaving my girls at work to handle all the Monday calls. I came down with a terrible cold and sore throat yesterday, and there was no way my throat was going to handle talking on the phone all day. My voice is nearly gone.
I am thankful for...NyQuil for helping me sleep last night.
From the kitchen...Chicken quesadilla's with homemade salsa & guacamole for dinner and another batch of banana bread. Our last loaf didn't turn out exactly right. Instead of adding my usual cinnamon and nutmeg, I was lazy and grabbed the pumpkin pie spice....it did not exactly work. Oh well, now I know.
I am wearing...Red plaid flannel jammie pants, red top and socks. This is probably how I am going to stay all day.
I am creating...A reddish, purply scarf and starting a cross-stitched bear blanket for a co-workers baby who is due in March.
I am going...to go down stairs and finish organizing coupons and working on my projects. Bella stayed home from school today; she had a stomach bug over the weekend and slight fever. She said Daddy told her to take care of me today. Thankfully, she asks me questions so all I have to do is nod my head yes or no. I love my sweet girl.
I am reading...Just the bible right now. I still need to start The Help.
I am hoping...My throat is better tomorrow so I can go back to work.
I am hearing...Bella watching cartoons in her room and talking to her Zhu-Zhu pets.
Around the house...Things are a bit messy. I did not feel like picking up yesterday at all. Actually I slept almost all day.
One of my favorite things...Chocolate mint coffee creamer. It is making my coffee extra yummy this morning. I know, I know...I should be drinking tea but I am a coffee girl through and through.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Work, Girl Scouts on Thursday and Set Free group's at church on Friday.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... It is of Bella doing her homework and the dinning table.

If you would like to participate in Daybook, please visit The Simple Woman;s Daybook.
1 comment:
So sorry you've been sick. Hope you are feeling better. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. Karen
Post a Comment