Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Into Reading


First, thank you to Katrina @Callapidder Days for, once again, hosting Spring Into Reading.

Second, what a perfect excuse to get back into blogging. So here is my list for this spring, which will probably change at least once or twice.

An Irish Country Christmas by Patrick Taylor - I have read the first two books in the series and have fallen in love with the characters of Ballybucklebo Ireland, although, some of the words and just can not seem to pronounce.


**Finished** 44 Cranberry Point by Debbie Macomber - I am also currently reading this series. I love how Debbie Macombers characters are relate-able to everyday life and the people I come into contact with. I have also wanted to move to WA for sometime and through her books and am somewhat able too.

**Finished** Leaving by Karen Kingsbury - I have loved the Baxter Family and everyone around them since the first book in the series. I love how Karen Kingsbury address everyday life while always keeping God front and center in her stories.


*In Process* Power of a Positive Mom and the Power of a Positive Women by Karol Ladd - I have had this book for awhile, but have never been able to work through it for some reason. This Spring I will - it's like a mission.


Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer - A friend gave this book to David and although he is not going to become a vegetarian, he said it did open his eyes to sustainable farming and being conscientious of where our food comes from.


**Finished** Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Decked Out by Neta Jackson - This is the last noval of the series. I have loved following and getting to know this mix bag of ladies and how God and prayer can bring people together. In this book there is a wedding, surprise baby, healing and as always fun and prayers.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

I read Power of a Positive Mom many years ago when my kids were smaller. It really impacted me and I put lots of the stuff she suggested into practice. Great book!

I loved the Baxter family Redemption series but never got beyond that. I'll have to make a point of it because I really enjoy it too!

Happy reading.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I've had Power of Positive Mom on my bookshelf forever -- I really need to just read it! :) Thanks for being part of the challenge. Enjoy your spring reading!