He started out the afternoon bowling with his guy friends. In the evening we BBQ carne asada at our friends house. I made homemade refried beans with jalapeƱos and chorizo. I have to say, they were good. I also made rice BUT found out the hard way why a glass bowl should NOT be put on a hot burner. How did I find this out you ask?? Well, my beautiful batch of rice was in a large glass bowl. I set it on the stove so I could put in the second batch of rice, not realizing that I had turned on the wrong burner (old electric stove that does not turn red) and walked away. About 5 minutes later I heard a loud KABOOM and ran to the kitchen to find glass and rice everywhere. Needless to say, there was no rice at the taco party.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
David's Birthday
He started out the afternoon bowling with his guy friends. In the evening we BBQ carne asada at our friends house. I made homemade refried beans with jalapeƱos and chorizo. I have to say, they were good. I also made rice BUT found out the hard way why a glass bowl should NOT be put on a hot burner. How did I find this out you ask?? Well, my beautiful batch of rice was in a large glass bowl. I set it on the stove so I could put in the second batch of rice, not realizing that I had turned on the wrong burner (old electric stove that does not turn red) and walked away. About 5 minutes later I heard a loud KABOOM and ran to the kitchen to find glass and rice everywhere. Needless to say, there was no rice at the taco party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love the new layout! Also love that you are keeping it updated!
Happy belated birthday to David.
You have such a lovely family, Jami
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy3
Aren't those edible layouts for cakes great? For my folks' 40th (or was it 45th?) anniversary we had a cake made with their wedding picture on it. You should have seen my mom's jaw drop!
Happy belated birthday to David!
Post a Comment