
This week, while catching up with friends and family about how Mother's Day went, something struck me as funny...many mom's received an offer, coupon, etc for time away from their children. Some received it from their DH, some from other family members/friends.
I just thought it was funny that the gift of choice for a day dedicated to celebrating motherhood is to take the children away from the mother for a period of time.
1 comment:
I've always thought that was interesting as well. I was one of those moms who wanted the time away, etc. But one year it finally got to me(I believe on Father's Day) when Kendall said all he wanted for Father's Day was to spend the day with the kids. I do the same for mother's day too. And I don't do anything but be with them, doing stuff together with less instruction/discipline etc. I usually ask for a gift that pertains to them. Two years ago it was an outdoor playset, this year a trampoline. Those are actually gifts to me...because when I really need to be "away" from them cooking or cleaning, they can go and play!
Post a Comment