Isabella turns 7 *gulp* on Tuesday (12/15/09) and we had her birthday party today. We had a bowling party which seemed to go over well. This was the first time she was able to invite kids from school as well as family and friends. The kids had a great time! For me, it was nice to have a party that I did not have to worry about cleaning up after or cooking for. The only think I did was the cake and goody bags; everything else was handled by the hostess at the bowling alley.
Bella had 3 kids from her class show up plus 2 friends and 3 cousins, so it worked out to be a perfect amount of kids. I don't know why I bothered putting names on the score board. They all just bowled when ever and on what ever lane was available. lol!
I do have to say that the Brunswick Covina did a wonderful job with making sure we had everything we needed and ensuring everything ran on time. Kudos!As I mentioned, I did the cake....and I messed it up. Bella had requested a cake with a bowling ball hitting the pins and the pins flying away. I decided to do a butter cream transfer and it started out really well (here is a link in how to make a BCT). I made the mistake of not letting it freeze long enough, so when I went to transfer the image, most of it stuck to the wax paper and not the cake. I was very sad! I fixed it as best I could and it tasted good, which is all that really matters in the end. Here is how it looked after I "fixed" it:
No comments:
Post a Comment