
1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss.
For I guess. Gingerbread is not something I love and I never make it, but I have nothing against it.
2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family?
It is now. I can say that for many years in my late teens & early 20's, that was not the case, but now that I am a mom, I realize how important it is. My family is 1 state away and Davids is a few towns over, so Bella gets to see her dad's side of the family a lot. I have been & will continue to keep begging David to move closer to my family, maybe half way between the 2; so far he is not budging.
3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed?
Santa Clause. I grew up believing in him and we do Santa gifts for Bella. She was 10 days old on her 1st Christmas and a part of me was so sad when there were no gifts from Santa, other then the ones I bought.
4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life?
This is hard. I guess A Christmas Story - mom's are always right & you will shoot your eye out.
5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of?
My favorite is "Mary Did You Know". I never get tired of hearing it. The one I can't stand is "Last Christmas" my Wham. I cringe every time I hear it.
6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime?
We participate in as many toy & food drives as we can. I also like to donate items to the shelter that are on their "wish list".
7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?"
Xmas drives me crazy. To me, it's like saying the Christ is not important when the whole point of the holiday is Him. Happy Holiday does not bother me as much because I know not everyone is a Christian and we should respect all faiths.
8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month?
None!!! At Bella's school, the 1st graders do a Spring program.
9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality?
I always dream of a white Christmas but unless their is very freak storm in SoCal or I drive 2hrs to the mountains, it ain't happening.
10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice.
One Christmas I received a Cricket doll. She was so cute and could talk. There were different cassettes you could insert to her tape player in her back and some were learning games. One of them had Cricket saying a series of words all beginning with the same sound and then she would ask you what made the beginning sound. When my cricket got to the letter "F" she was supposed to say "Five frogs flip-flopped. What makes the "Fff" sound; however she said "What makes the F@#! sound". One of my aunts heard it and played it for the whole family, including my VERY proper great-grandmother and I was no longer allowed to play that cassette.
11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month?I think only 3.
12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas?
Church, keeping a religious aspect in all that we do helps to not get caught up in the commercialization of it all.
If you would like to join in the fun - visit 2nd Cup Of Coffee
No comments:
Post a Comment