Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thunder in July...in SoCal!?!?!

It's true. We had thunder for about a half an hour and then it started to pour down rain for about 15 minutes...oh AND it was still about 90 degrees outside. Not typical SoCal weather. We are a more dry heat loving kind of people. Humidity is not very welcomed.

Bella was excited to go out in the rain and have it actually feel nice and warm.

Last night, we did make it to the farmers market. We headed over at about 7:30pm and it was still so hot! Usually by that time the farmers market is starting to empty, but last night it was just getting started. There were tones of people shopping and eating dinner. Our favorite taco guy sets up a booth there and we can never resist. I am absolutely in love with his carnitas tacos *YUM*

We did get some beautiful tomatoes, onions, grapes, peaches, avocados, and plums. I really wanted figs. I tried a sample (my first fresh fig ever) and was in love. I don't think David cared for them as much because he would not let me buy them. Next Wednesday, I am getting them no matter what! Now, I just need to know what to do with them. They are not the type of fruit I would crave by itself. I am thinking maybe heated in some way and drizzled with honey?? I will have to find a recipe to play with.

I welcome any suggestions! Here are pictures of some of the fruit. The grapes are FABULOUS!

No comments: