Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Random Dozen 9/15/10



1. Do you do garage sales? If so, tell me about one great find. If not, tell me why not.
I don't do garage sales for a silly reason....it's too much pressure. I feel so guilty when I stop and don't find anything I like. I feel like I'm saying to the owner "your stuff is not worthy" and I end up buying something useless to make myself feel better. I just avoid them instead.

2. Name the last thing you fixed.
I honestly don't remember. Probably one of Bella's necklaces' or towns. I handy man skills are limited to what super glue, a hammer, and VERY basic sewing can handle.

Edit: Should read "one of Bella's necklaces or toys" and "My handy man skills....." this is what I get for not proof reading before hand and just spell checking. Sorry!

3. Name your A) Favorite item of makeup OR B) Favorite tool
Avon big color eye pencil. I love the creamy base it gives eyeshadow. I went years without wearing make on a daily basis and then in the last month I have fallen in love with it again. I'm sure next week I will have a new favorite makeup.

4. Which room in your home needs organizing more than any other?
The loft. It has been the catch-all since we moved in here in mid June. Everything that has not found a home or did not fit where we thought it would is sitting patiently in the loft.

5. Which room could use re-decorating?
Oh my...ALL of them. Ok, I know it is silly but here was my original thinking, which changed with the last move; why invest in home furnishings and accessories while renting? I thought we would have bought a house within a few years of having Bella....who is now 7 1/2! While packing/unpacking this last time, I realized I have few pieces that I love and my walls are bare. Only Bella's room is decorated (& it's rather cute I might add), so I decided I will now start adding pieces I like as I find them. Whether they will work in my future purchased home...who knows. We will cross that bridge when we get to it.

6. Share something unique about your town.
This tough. We have not been in Glendora long enough to know it well. Some of the obvious are: historic Rte 66 runs through town and Glendora is very proud of it, the population is 55,000+ yet you still feel like you are in a small town. People greet each other and you actually see families out walking after dinner; which may not sound unique, but let me remind you I live in S. California - home of the automobile.

7. If you could send a one-sentence message to your great-grandchild, what would it be?
Be true to who you are, love God before all, honor your family, live life to the fullest, only taxes and death are guaranteed and I love you more then words can express.

8. Do you Facebook?
Ugh, yes. Too much...hence the BIG gaps in my blogging. Hoping to change that!

9. Describe your favorite shoes.
White, gray and pink running shoes from Asics. I know - not very stylish but they make my feet happy!

10. Do you listen to more talk radio or more music radio? What kind of station is it?
Music all the time. In the car I listen to a Christian radio station, Air1, country music and alternative. At home I am addicted to Pandora. "My" station is a mix of all that is listed above with a good mix of blues, jazz and old standards.

11. How far would you travel for a really good (favorite) meal?
I would go 4 hours. One of my favorite meals is the tiger shrimp sweet potato tamale from Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. I am willing to do a turn around just for dinner.

12. If you were totally honest with yourself (and us) what should you probably be doing right now instead of blogging?
Watching TV. Today is one of those rare week days that I have off from work, so I have the house to myself and I would be sitting in front of the TV, watching too mindless talk & reality shows.

Visit 2nd Cup of Coffee to join in the fun!

3 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Enjoyed your answers! But I'm thinking you fixed a gown and not a town! :-)

It's great to meet you1

Anonymous said...

What fun answers! And I so agree with the garage sales thing....so much pressure :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like Pandora, too...Most of the time, I just enjoy the quiet.
I liked what you said about your town..I've been to a couple of states where Route 66 was the main street...
I've moved quite a bit and I like having certain things that make a house feel like my home...I bet you do too...I see we like the same series of books...I wish Jan would write more about Mitford...I could love living there...and Elm Creek Quilts is the reason I got interested in quilting.
Mama Bear