
FOR TODAY....January 4, 2011
I'm a day late on this....seems like the story of my life *sigh*..here goes it...
Outside my window...I can see the beautiful foothills a mountains behind them, covered in snow. I love this time of year in SoCal. The recent rain has made things green and cleared away the smog for a few days.
I am thinking...how much I am enjoying having a little down time from all of Bella's activities. Gymnastics & dance won't start again for a few more weeks & I ain't complainin'.
I am thankful for...warm fuzzy socks. For us SoCal'ers it has been extremely cold and fuzzy socks have been a life saver.
From the kitchen...leftovers...I know, not very exciting.
I am wearing...jeans, pink top & black sweater.
I am creating...a fuzzy scarf for someone very special who does not know it's coming yet.
I am going...to go clean the kitchen and pick up before going to bed.
I am reading...Bible. I am following our churches 20/20 plan which I failed at miserably last year. So far, 4 days in, I am doing much better this year. I also have "The Help" that my SIL lent me that I need to start.
I am hoping...to get my garage clean & organized by this weekend. I do NOT want to spend my families day's off cleaning the garage.
I am hearing..."My Guy" by Mary Wells on Pandora.
Around the house...Bella is getting in bed & David is trying desperately to find an escape or some at least some minor relief from a nasty cold he has had for a few days. I hate seeing him sick.
One of my favorite things...Hot chocolate made with Ibarra Mexican chocolate, milk and a cinnamon stick or canela as we call it around here. David will one day have me speaking Spanish. In our 12 years together, I think I have amassed a total of 10 words...but hey, don't they say "slow & steady wins the race"? Who is "they" anyway?
A few plans for the rest of the week: Bake. I have dying to bake banana bread, chocolate chip cookies and lemon cake. I friend brought us a big bag of fresh lemons from his tree and they are sitting there taunting me.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...It's not the best picture but I like it. This is Bella at her Christmas program for school.
1 comment:
Love reading your day bread I too am going to make banana bread I put chocolate chips in mine and some how it just disappears! Thanks for visiting, Warmest regards, Heather
Post a Comment