Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall Into Reading Question #2 and #3

How often do you re-read books? What does it take to make you re-read?

I do not re-read books often. I usually have so many books waiting that I feel guilty reading something again. This does not mean I have never done it. For me to re-read a book, it has to be a book that completely transports me. It needs to be a story that, while reading it, causes me to "forget" who I really am and where I am. I need to feel like reality is temporary until I can get back to the story where I truly belong, and when the book ends, it needs to leave me yearning for more.

On what devices, if any, do you read books? Or are you strictly a “physical book” reader?

I am a physical book reader. I love the feel of the book in my hands, the smell of the paper, the sound the pages make when turned and the way they look sitting on the shelf.

I have always dreamed of having my own personal library ~ think of the library Beast gave Bell in Beauty and the Beast. That would make me a happy camper.

I'm not 100% against the various electronic readers, but I do not see myself owning one anytime soon. Not only do I love the feel of the physical book, I love spending hours walking up and down the isle in a book store. I love the excitement when I find a new book, take it off the shelf and into the nook of my arm and carry it to the register.

Oh the simple pleasures in life.......

No comments: