Tuesday, April 8, 2014

90's?!?! Seriously????

It was in the mid-90's today!! I hate loathe the heat. I know, I live in SoCal..it gets hot. I beg David all the time to move north. So far, no dice. So, in the mean time, I'm going to complain, stomp my feet and pout.

One of the reasons I dislike the high temps so much is it almost always guarantees I will have a headache. Doesn't matter how much I hydrate. Today was no exception. Thankfully, it was minor and we still went out on our run today.

Actually, today probably did not qualify as a run. Maybe a shuffle or stumble along is more accurate. Today we moved up to 5 minutes of "running" with 1 minute of walking repeated 5 times. We went out at about 5pm hoping it would be cool enough. *wrong*. I think we will have to go a little later on these warm days.

The first segment felt pretty good and I thought "wow 5 minutes is not so bad". On the second segment, I started to get a cramp in my upper left abdominal area and that area felt rock hard. David offered to end the run and head home, but I was so determined to finish. By segment 4 it was gone but boy did I need to pee but of course by the time I got home, the urge was gone. Why is that. It seems even if I go before we leave the house, I always have the urge during the run and then it stops by the end of the run. I guess I have one more running fact to Google.

Tomorrow is another run day of the same segments. I think we will head out closer to 7pm. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: