Sunday, April 13, 2014

Angels Weekend




 This weekend went by way too fast....but don't they always.

We started off Saturday morning with a run. We are now up to 6 minutes of running followed by 1 minute of walking. We ran the horse trails near our house and felt pretty good. Bella had her fastest pace on the last segment. I knew she had it in her the whole time, but she has been so anti running that she has been dragging her feet and running lazy this whole time. No more cutting her any slack.

Yesterday, David and I took Bella and her friend to the Angles game. He had bought a family 4-pack which included 4 tickets, 4 hotdogs and 4 small soda's for about $60. We felt it was a great deal, considering taking the girls to dinner and a movie would have cost us more than that. I have to admit, I was pretty excited to be eating a hot dog and soda after who knows how long. It was one yummy, cheap, over cooked hot dog.
The night started off perfect. Not much of a breeze, no sun directly in your face and for being cheap seats, the view was prudy good. In the 7th inning, the cold set in and even with sweaters and blankets, it was too much. We needed beanies and gloves. The Angeles tied up the game in the bottom of the 9th and went into extra innings. Saturday night was fireworks night and we let the girls decide if we stuck it out or left. They made it through the 10th inning and decided it was time to head home. On the way to the car, they got to see the fireworks from Disneyland, so at least they got a little bit of a show.

Today, to continue with the healthy eating, I made cinnamon roll waffles. They were good and I would prefer to have just made them into cinnamon rolls. After breakfast, the girls wanted to go to the park to ride scooters, so I took them to Bonelli. Of course, once we got out of the car, they went straight for a the playground. I love that, at 11 years old, they still get excited for the play ground.

No comments: