Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Isabella started Kindergarten

Well the day finally came when my baby girl went off to Kindergarten. You would think this would not be such a big deal considering she was in preschool for the last 2 years. I think the big difference is that in preschool we could come and go as we pleased and in kindergarten we can not. Also, she is in official elementary school - the school years have begun! Its funny how when first have your child, you think of all the milestones to come such as crawling, talking, talking, go to Kindergarten, Jr High, High school, driving, graduation, college, etc. As of yesterday we are done with all the baby miles stones. Where did all the time go?Bella was so cute yesterday. She was braver then I was! She did not cry and was very excited to show off her new Hanna Montana backpack and lunch bag. The school had planned to have the parents there all morning, which I was not aware of, and when I told Bella I was going to step outside and call work to let them know I was not coming in, she told me "its ok mommy, you can leave if you have too. I'm ok". Aw - my big girl! Of course, I did not leave her. She made new friends the first day with two little girls. Today she had her first day in Kids Korner breakfast club and also said she had a lot of fun. We were not sure if she would be able to attend this school until the last minute because they were over capacity, but thankfully they were able to add a teacher last Friday. Thank you Mrs. Romero!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that first day well... taking her was heart breaking... and then the next day to see her get on that big school bus... the years they go so fast, where did they go??? My girl is now 22! Your daughter is adorable.