Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -- Lin Yutang

How true that statement is. I have to say my favorite role in life is being Isabella's mother. I thank God for blessing my with this job and trusting me with this beautiful little girls care.

I also want to thank all the women who have been "mom" to me over the years. I have only called one women mom but have had many women step in when needed (whether they knew it or not).

My Aunt Deb~she took care of us as little kids every chance she could and gave us just as much love as she did her own kids.

Mary Cox~all she was trying to do was be a good neighbor, but she helped me stay afloat during some of the hardest times of my life. I will always be grateful to her for that.

Karen Madura~She was my "mom" starting freshman year in high school. I think I spent more time at her house than my own. When I needed a place to live, she took my in. When I was pregnant with Isabella, she supported me and gave Isabella EVERYTHING she would need her first year in life. I will always love her as mom!

Last, but not least, is my mom. She was always involved in my school, both on & off school grounds. She instilled in me a love of musicals, Disney, baking, cross-stitch, and reading. Even though we have been living far apart for more then 16yrs, she is always here with me in everything I do. I love you mom.

Be sure to let all the "moms" in your life know how important they are and that just because they did not give birth to you, it does not make them any less of a mother.

No comments: