Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Random Dozen



1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.
With family, curled up together on the sofa, living room dark (just like the theater per Bella) and don't for get the popcorn and sweets.

2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
I actually have thought about this. I know I don't want a traditional funeral. I want people to come together in celebration & not mourning. I would like people to talk about happy memories, silly things I did and said. I know I want Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and Garth Brooks' "The Dance" played.

3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Giver. I have a hard time taking anything from anybody but I love to given when I can.

4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
I like planned activities. David likes to play it by ear, which makes vacations a little stressful for me, but I am getting better at it.

5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
Our desk. It is in our bedroom, so it is easy to just close the door and forget about it - until I am trying to fall asleep & am looking a piles of paper. Ugh!

6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
Human trafficking. It's absolutely horrific that this goes on today. A21 Campaign and the Dream Center are great sites to check out for more info. I am currently training for the Surf City Half Marathon in Feb. to help raise money for The A21 Campaign (I will post more fund raising info later today/tomorrow).

7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
I like a traditional PB&J on cheap white bread. Just like mom made it.

8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
I would fidget a lot, giggle and speak REALLY fast.

9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies?
Basic toothbrush and jammies. Very simple.

10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
No, not yet. I hope it stays that way. I'm pretty open with my life and I post about our day/day lives mostly.

11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
No I don't think so. Not that I remember.

12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
To David I would dedicate "My Baby You" my Marc Anthony
To Bella I would dedicate "In My Daughters Eyes" by Martina McBride & "Fight Like A Girl" by Bomshel.

If you would like to participate visit Linda@ 2nd Cup of Coffee

2 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Enjoyed reading your answers!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Sorry it took me so long to get around, but I"m sure glad you participated this week. Nice to meet you.

We have similar thoughts about #2.

A lot of people responded that they talk fast when nervous.

Like your song choices. Have a great weekend!