Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Last Sunday's Family Day

In my previous post I stated that we had Family Day last Sunday. Family Day is something we are going to try to do every Sunday. With all of us having such busy schedules, we really need a day that focus' on just spending time together and doing something fun.

Last Sunday I had to work in the morning, so we went to brunch when I got home and then to see A Christmas Carol. Boy howdy, that movie was scarier then I was expecting. The Christmas spirits themselves, along with some of the dark imagery, scared Bella pretty bad. She said the movie was good but you could tell she was saying that more to please me then really believing it.

I think I will need to rent a different version of the movie and read her the story. I really wanted her to get the moral point to the story but instead she was focused on being scared.

I don't want to say the movie was bad, because it wasn't. The animation was great, Jim Carrey did a wonderful job and it did get me into the Christmas Spirit. I just would not suggest the movie for little ones. It may be more frightening then uplifting to them.

Also, we still had a GREAT Family Day. After the movie we went to Golden Spoons for dessert and then home to play Twister, which didn't last long. That game is not a good game to play with a belly full from the all you can eat brunch buffet and frozen yogurt!

1 comment:

Alliwoo said...

disney does a good version with mickey and all the characters. Try that one out.